What is the Purpose of Life? | Steve Beckow

What is the Purpose of Life?

February 24, 2020
by Steve Beckow



I was referred to a website that posts people’s discoveries around the purpose of life. (1) I was moved to send my own, which was subsequently posted there, which I reproduce here.

On Feb. 13, 1987, I was shown, in a vision, what the purpose of life is and the lesson has never left me.

It happened while I was driving my car on my way to work in the city of Vancouver, Canada.

I was at the time registered in a Sociology Ph.D. Program, studying to be a group leader and counsellor.

In the beginning I followed Jay Haley’s Problem Solving Therapy. But I discovered that, when I offered a solution to the client’s presenting problem, they looked at me puzzled, ignored me, and continued on with their story.

After selling my wares for a while with nobody buying, I concluded that these folks wanted to tell their story. I switched over to listening.

I discovered that, when I listened to anyone long enough, the puzzle they faced suddenly became a picture and they’d have a realization or “Aha!” moment.

As I turned the corner onto the main drag, I said to the universe in general: “If our early lives are a puzzle which, when solved, turns into a picture, could it be that life itself is a puzzle and, if so, what might the picture be that life is?”

No sooner had I formed the thought, then everything went black. I forgot that I was behind the wheel of a car. I was filled with bliss.

The bliss allowed me to access much deeper knowledge than otherwise.

I found myself staring at a large golden sun. I intuitively recognized it as God the Father (Brahman, Buddha nature, the One).

Out of it came a small golden star, which then streaked off into space. I recognized it as God the Child (the soul, Christ, Atman, pearl of great price).

I wondered where the small golden star had gone and found that I could follow it. I found it immersed in what looked like a cloud, which I knew to be God the Mother (the Holy Spirit, Shakti, Procreatrix/Prakriti, Aum/Amen, the Word of God).



… coils which I knew to be lifetimes in matter: The view the golden star would see

The golden star, now having lost its brilliance, was journeying down through coils which I knew to be lifetimes in matter.

Suddenly its light flashed back on and I knew that to be a level of enlightenment. Then it left the Mother cloud altogether and raced back to the Father sun, immersing itself in it. I knew this to be a further stage of enlightenment.

I looked over this scene and found the words forming in my mind: “Enlightenment is the purpose of life.” The minute I said this to myself, the vision disappeared.

Here I was back behind the wheel of my car! I’d been away watching the vision for perhaps eight seconds and so I wondered how far I’d travelled during that time. Knowing well the part of Vancouver I was travelling through, I looked from side to side. I hadn’t moved an inch in that entire eight seconds. I was removed from time.

I drove to the stoplight at the next intersection and looked over at the worried face of the driver next to me. I wanted to roll down my window and shout, “It all works out in the final reel!”

For the next three days, I was in bliss, seeing divine metaphors all around me. The trees spread their branches to the sky, as if in worship. Their leaves fell off, but the tree did not die; similarly the body falls off but the soul does not die. Birds flew across the sky leaving not a trace, like the soul flying through life and leaving not a trace.

I was mesmerized by the symbolism of the wave meeting the shore, sinking into the sand, and then returning to the sea.

At that moment in my life, I knew that I knew only one thing: That enlightenment was the purpose of life. The purpose of life is that God should meet God in a moment of our enlightenment. I was not certain of anything else.

Bayazid of Boston captured that moment: “O Thou I!” (2) At that instant, God enjoys the delight of meeting itself.

Life is a divine play or Leela, arranged for exactly this purpose: That God should have the opportunity to meet itself in a moment of our enlightenment.

It took ten years of research and ten more of writing to arrive at an adequate statement of what I learned that day in eight wordless seconds outside of time. I’ve since published the results. (3)

Time does not dim the lessons I learned. Those lessons serve as the basis for everything else I’ve learned since.

We go from lifetime to lifetime in a process of spiritual evolution which culminates in us finally knowing the full Truth of who we are.

And when we know it, our moment of enlightenment turns out to be a supreme act of service and surrender to God.

Footnotes

(1) Excellence Reporter at https://excellencereporter.com/2020/02/24/steve-beckow-the-purpose-of-life-is-enlightenment/

(2) Bayazid of Bistun in Aldous Huxley, The Perennial Philosophy. New York, etc.: Harper and Row, 1970; c1944, 12.

(3) Steve Beckow, The Purpose of Life is Enlightenment, at http://gaog.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Purpose-of-Life-is-Enlightenment.pdf

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
What is the Purpose of Life? | Steve Beckow What is the Purpose of Life? | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 2/24/2020 09:36:00 PM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.