A Basic Change of Opinion | Steve Beckow

A Basic Change of Opinion

February 28, 2020
by Steve Beckow



I’d like to continue a thread. It’s about the importance of how we feel.

You know, I haven’t been to Earth all that often. (1) I often feel like an anthropologist, studying customs in the North American culture to which I belong because all seems so new.

I have absolutely no awareness of any other culture but ours – on or off planet. But following the path of awareness is where in spirituality you’d expect to find a curious newbie and a wannabe anthropologist.

I notice things. I also know I’m being fed thoughts and have caught “them” in the act on one or two occasions. For instance, I have a very loud ringing in my ears right now, which tells me that Michael is here. (2)

And I’m always trying to take these noticeings and explain what sociologists call “the definition of the situation” and what I’ll call “what’s going on here?”

So I had a “what’s going on here?” moment today, listening to music. I observed myself changing my mood based on a thought having changed. The music reminded me of someone and the minute I remembered her I was swept away by love. (3)

A minute before I had been listening to different music and grumbling about daily issues. Oh my Gawd, it was so much more enjoyable to be swept away by love. But I saw that I did it. I caused the change in feeling by changing my thought.

I let go of the daily issues and began thinking about an angelic being whom I love. My mood changed like that!

And yet, if I were feeling an unpleasant way like humiliated or lonely, I’d be thinking to myself that I need to feel that way until it lifts. I need to stay with the experience. I need to be with it.

In actuality that isn’t totally true.

If I change the focus of my attention, I actually can change my mood.

For years, I regarded this as dodging the issue. By staying with the experience, I was getting at the root of the matter. But I now feel the tug of weightier matters and I no longer have the time to go the long route, as useful as it is.

I’d like to leave that noticeing for a moment, to show you how the process of consciousness works. The next thing to arise was a stray issue, triggered by noticeing I no longer had time.

I now engaged with the issue that my time was no longer my own. I’m in service now. I feel regret, wistfulness, sorrow.

I’ve lost control … or yielded control … of my time. That goes along with – it’s implicit in – service.

So let me count. I now have agreed to stay to the end, yielded expectations of enlightenment and given over control of my time. Those are big sacrifices, what the Arcturians would call “big initiations.”

It demonstrates that service will ask certain things of us. We’re called upon to make some sacrifices. And they’re sometimes not small.

OK, that illustrates how one thought follows another – triggered or not – in a stream of consciousness. My private life is just moving from one thought and the mood it brings to the next. At least that’s the way it is on Earth.

Returning now to my overall theme, I do have some control over my feelings. I can change a thought that has negative energy streamers attached to it to one that has positive.

I’m not arguing about the rights and wrongs of seeing things that way. I’m simply observing what shows up for me like fact. Changing our thoughts can change our feelings. (4) If we don’t want to feel the way we do, then among the many strategies we can use, the quick one is to change our thoughts.

When I’m standing in front of a group of government officials and corporate officers and we’re contemplating how to bring a universal basic income to Canada and I’m feeling grumpy, I’ll remember this.

Footnotes

(1) Eight times, this lifetime included.

(2) Steve: How do I know when you are whispering in my ear?

Archangel Michael: Often it is prefaced by a high-pitched ring.

S: Oh, I hear that all the time.

AAM: Yes, I know.

S: [laughing] Are you here all the time?

AAM: Yes, I am. (Archangel Michael in a personal reading with Steve Beckow through Linda Dillon, Feb. 18, 2011.)

(3) Here’s an example of mood-changing music. See if you can listen to Ennio Morricone’s Theme from the Mission and not have your mood shifted.Audio Player

https://goldenageofgaia.com/2020/02/28/a-basic-change-of-opinion/

I have never watched The Mission, just so you know. I only know this piece of music from it.

(4) I acknowledge that certain vasanas or core issues may not yield to changing our thoughts. For those there is the upset clearing process at “How to Handle Unwanted Feelings: The Upset Clearing Process,” December 29, 2018, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2018/12/29/how-to-handle-unwanted-feelings-the-upset-clearing-process-2/

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
A Basic Change of Opinion | Steve Beckow A Basic Change of Opinion | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 2/28/2020 11:08:00 PM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.