What I Focus on Grows | Steve Beckow

What I Focus on Grows

December 18, 2018
By Steve Beckow



Some people get something when they’re told once; many more when they’re told a second time.

I’ve needed to hear the same message from many, many people before I got it. The message was on “lack consciousness” and I got it today, from Taryn Crimi’s latest channeling of the Angels.

“Though you have become consciously aware that you are the creators of your reality, most often humans find the absence of what they want to be their dominant focus.

“When you are focused upon lack while you yearn for abundance, you can only attract lack. We often say the Universe doesn’t respond to your wishes, dreams or greatest desires anymore so than a mirror does not show you what you wish to look like. A mirror can only reflect what you are right now and so it is with the Universe; it responds to one thing and that is your focus which in turn dictates your vibration.

“When you tune your vibration to any positive feeling, such as happiness, joy, optimism, excitement, exhilaration or love, the Universe responds with more feelings, circumstances, experiences that match the vibration you are pulsing out. It doesn’t matter why you feel these positive feelings. All that matters is that you do. Use any excuse you can find to feel good.” (1)

Let me tell you some of the ways it resonates with me, besides the obvious one of a statement of the Law of Attraction and Repulsion.

Another one is that it validates that our feelings are our chief motivators. She says:

“It doesn’t matter why you feel these positive feelings. All that matters is that you do. Use any excuse you can find to feel good.”

I totally agree with that statement. If we go past feeling good to feeling blissful, then it dovetails with what Sri Ramakrishna would regularly say: Walk into the lake of bliss. Dive in. Get pushed in. It doesn’t matter. Just get into the lake of bliss. I agree with that statement as well, having spent time in the lake of bliss.

Is it not significant that the summum bonum here – the highest good – is what we commonly think of as feelings – love, bliss, joy. Sages make a distinction between the divine qualities and our ordinary feelings.

But I find it useful to think of them as feeling states because most people will understand that rather than the more esoteric explanation.

Our highest good is feeling good, feeling blissful, feeling joyful, etc. Not owning a Lamborghini or being President of the United States. Feeling bliss. Feeling love.

Does that not also validate the hypothesis that feelings are our prime motivator?

It makes perfect sense that whatever I focus my attention on is what the universe gives me. Not what I wish or desire. I may desire abundance but focus on lack; the universe gives me back lack. It’s focus that’s important.

It puts a whole new light on what W.H. Murray said:

“Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.

“All sorts of things occur to help one that would not otherwise have occured. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favour all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man would have dreamed would come his way.

“I have learned a deep respect for one of Goethe’s couplets:

“’Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it.’” (W.H. Murray, The Scottish Himalayan Expedition, and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.)

“The moment one definitely commits oneself” – in other words, turns thoughts like wishes and desires into actions like focusing attention, then heaven moves.

“’Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it!” Again, action. What is the action taken? Whatever it is, the universe responds to it.

The universe is a willing servant. If I focus on lack, it gives me lack. If I focus on abundance, it gives me abundance. Whatever we have in our lives is what we asked the universe for through our focus, through our committed action.

And when the universe brings us bad feelings, consistent to whatever it is we’re up to, we’re not happy. We begin the work of moving from feeling unhappy to feeling happy, feeling good, feeling blissful.

I got it. I’ll focus on abundance.

I live in Vancouver, in the northern temperate rainforest. Everything here is green, green, green. I am abundant in greenness in nature.

I put together the largest collection of artifacts at the then-National Museum of Man in 1973-4. I had an abundance of consumer products, which either by themselves or because of what was on their labels, tell the story of our own civilization in that year. I feel an abundance of pride and love for the team, remembering those days. “Use any excuse you can find to feel good.”

I have an abundantly-large collection of cobalt-blue glass and Christmas lights, which delights me abundantly. In keeping with my museum days, many of the cobalt-blue objects are consumer products.

I have a rich abundance of insights and lessons learned on the awareness path. I am rich in memories of group experiences, workshops, adventurous travel, gurus studied under, sacred love. I’ve been privileged to have been able to study sacred literature of my own choosing for most of my life.

I’m wealthy beyond belief in this steady flow of ideas that someone is pumping through me.

When I feel lack, I feel stressed, fatigued, and ungenerous. When I feel abundant, I feel happy, loving, and generous.

Even though many, many people have told me about it before, I now see that what I focus on grows – lack if I focus on lack and abundance if I focus on abundance. It’s up to realization – not a major one; just a minor one. But I have now realized the matter.

Footnotes

(1) “Angelic Guides via Taryn Crimi: How to Create Abundance,” November 19, 2018, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2018/11/19/angelic-guides-via-taryn-crimi-how-to-create-abundance/.

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
What I Focus on Grows | Steve Beckow What I Focus on Grows | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 12/18/2018 07:34:00 PM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.