Three Basic Motivators | Steve Beckow

Three Basic Motivators

October 18, 2018
By Steve Beckow



My (fantasy) life as an anthropologist

If I were to play the amateur anthropologist, I’d say that, leaving the quest for love aside, the three basic motivators I see in human behavior are vasanas (core issues), the beliefs that arise from them, and our desire to feel good and avoid feeling bad.

I’m speaking as generically as I can. Vasanas, beliefs, and feelings.

I’ve been not only observing them from an (amateur) anthropological standpoint, but also looking for a way of handling them as a financial wayshower after the Reval.

Life promises to speed up dramatically, I fear, and I need to practice being at choice rather than being at reaction with these triggers.

I have to see things generically if I’m going to escape from their grip.

In the first place come vasanas (or core issues). A vasana is complex of thoughts and feelings frozen in place by a central traumatic incident, usually from early childhood. As the twig is bent, the tree inclines.

We design our behavior so as not to land back in that trauma again. We plan our future around its avoidance. On and on the ripples go of our reaction to that childhood incident.

At some point I personally am going to have to move through a vasana generically rather than processing it individually. There won’t be time any more for anything else.

My experiment is to simply feel to completion whatever suppressed or repressed feeling comes up and move on.

And a year from now I may have to streamline the process even further.

But I consider vasanas to be the first of the triggers that goes off in us and motivates our behavior, according to my amateur-anthropological observations.

For me, the second trigger is our beliefs. As an outgrowth of our vasanas and all other forms of learning and conditioning, (I believe) we arrive at a set of beliefs that tell us “the way reality is” for us.

The Arcturians once said to me “you will be called upon to master EVERY thought and feeling.” (2) This is as good a time as any to handle the trigger that my beliefs or thoughts about reality are. More about my feelings, below.

Some of my experience belies reality being the way I believe it to be and recommends I be cautious in this area. Something whispers in my ear, all is not as you believe it to be.

And certainly Michael has said over and over that the old Third is gone.

In the past five years I’ve seen three examples of how emotions, when faced into, have disappeared – worry, fear, and shame.

I believed they each had an objective reality. And, when I faced into them, they disappeared. I saw they did not have an objective reality. They only existed subjectively – that is, in my mind. This seemed to substantiate that the old Third was indeed gone.

I think of this as dimensional slippage. I thought we were in the Third when we were not. Wherever we were didn’t come with a place-name or a greeting card. All was wordless. I don’t know where it was. Fourth perhaps.

The point is that I suspect we’re holding a lot more of the Third Dimension in place through our beliefs than we need to because we believe it exists when it no longer does. The only escape from that, again thinking generically, would be to experience the truth of our reality and to realize it.

Or just to drop our beliefs at the first sign that they no longer fit. Beliefs seldom do.

In the meantime, I can afford to identify a trigger for me as a belief and stop believing it. Just let it go. Drop it without having anything to put in its place (except love, or course). My beliefs about reality then are the second major behavioral trigger.

The third, I think, is our desire to feel good and avoid feeling bad. This seems to motivate a lot of our behavior.

With the exception of our search for love, I believe our desire to feel good and avoid feeling bad is right up there in importance for most human beings.

Looking back on my life, I believe I spent a very large sum of money on wanting to feel better than I did. I continued, until Xenia, to feel depressed about something, dismayed, disappointed. (1)

Then I felt my core at the retreat center and saw that nothing like disappointment could ever be there. Nothing so low in vibration could approach the light that I am … or that I saw that day.

“Feeling good” is a subjective thing, of course. For some people lust and greed feel good. For others, feeling happy, peaceful, joyful, or rich feel good.

Buy me a coat. Take me out to dinner. Make love to me. We do a dance, on so many occasions, that seems to be about rituals that move us from feeling bad to feeling better. Our feeling state seems often to be determinative of what we do and don’t do.

Viewed from the Fifth-Dimensional vantage point of transformational love, our behavior must look as quaint to them as a Roaring Twenties silent movie would to us.

First of all, they never “feel bad.” They’re drowned in love. There are no highs and lows, only an all-satisfying, all-embracing, eternal love.

Secondly all the conditions of suffering present on our planet and in our societies simply don’t exist on their plane of evolution (or vibration).

Nothing of a low vibration can exist there – whether a thought or feeling or object. No illness, no old age, no death. Nothing which the Buddha stated as an ill of earthly life is to be found there. I believe the Fifth Dimension was the Nirvana he pointed at. But I’m just guessing.

I renounce any need to feel better or worse than I do at any given time. I accept my feeling state as just a feeling state and not a reason to invoke an automatic reaction pattern on my part, which may or may not be in my best interests.

Feelings are feelings. As Xenia showed me, they’re not who I am. Who I am lies below my feelings as it lies below my thoughts and other creations of my mind/body complex. (3) And who I am is not dismayed and disappointed at anything but pure and innocent.

I want to watch my feelings and experience them, without merging with them. They rush at me and I sidestep them. But I admire their power and feel a surge as they sweep by me.

I am underneath my vasanas, beliefs, and feelings.

Footnotes

(1) The meme would be “deprived of my Father’s love.”

(2) The Arcturians in a personal reading with Steve Beckow through Sue Lie, Nov. 8, 2013.

(3) As S.N. Goenka called it.

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
Three Basic Motivators | Steve Beckow Three Basic Motivators | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 10/18/2018 12:16:00 PM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.