What's it Like to Act Without Desire? | Steve Beckow



By Steve Beckow, June 27, 2021

(Golden Age of Gaia)

What’s it like to act without desire? How can I carry on?

First, let me redefine “desire.” Here’s Websters to start with:
  • to long or hope for : exhibit or feel desire for
I’d like to expand on that. I redefine desire as a complex of actions, including but not limited to:
  • An urge being felt
  • The urge being conceptualized
  • A conclusion being reached about the urge as conceived
  • A decision being reached with regard to it
  • An action order being issued
  • Action being taken
  • An evaluation being held.
This, multiplied by the number of desires I’m responding to, constitutes much of the background chatter that is present to”I” or “ego” that arises to satisfy those wants. Can you not see how a “busy mind” arises?

This is distinct from the situation with a desireless mind:
  • An urge being felt
  • An action being taken
I think that about says it all, doesn’t it? Just cut out the middle man. The ego exists on one of the lower floors of the department store called “me.” Just don’t stop on that floor any more.

You can do perfectly well just responding to your felt needs. The rest arises naturally.

But you do have to trust yourself and I admit that that was one of the things that shifted when I had a walk-in on June 7. Following that event, as you recall, (1) I felt confident, competent, balanced, stable, self-trusting, peaceful, and, most of all, desireless.

***

I can now conclusively say that the “I” of the ego arises in response to a created desire we have. The entire obstacle to spiritual progress could be said to be contained in the words “I want.” In the desireless state, there is no wanting mind and hence the ego generally does not rear its head.

I’d heard that from a guru, but now it moved from intellectual knowledge to experiential knowledge.

I’m in the desireless state now, whether I was at the outset or not. And it seems and feels very ordinary. But the judgments about ordinariness are gone.

One just is, in this state, without the trappings, the considerations, the performances, the image management. Nothing magical or mystical. More the cessation of all that bothersome background chatter. Release!

I’m more compassionate because I respond to the needs of the moment rather than to some role I’ve created for myself which has me acting automatically, like a robot.

I just remembered that, around 1-3 weeks prior to the events of June 6-7, I’d invoked the universal laws of intention, sacred purpose, give and receive, karmic dispensation, and grace and asked Mother and Archangel Michael for an expansion of consciousness. I can’t overlook the possibility that the events of June were the result of that request. Ask and ye shall receive.

I have to mention before closing that I’m not qualified to dispense advice or in other ways act as a spiritual teacher – nor do I seek to. That doesn’t mean I don’t like to write about spiritual topics; I do. But as a peer and not as anyone’s guru. Many thanks.

Footnotes

(1) I did ask a channel to verify the experience but the way I put the question deprived the answer of having evidential weight. I will confirm with a different channel on another occasion.

See “And Here It Is,” June 11, 2021, at https://goldenageofgaia.com/2021/06/11/and-here-it-is/ and “Desirelessness,” June 15, 2021, at https://goldenageofgaia.com/2021/06/15/desirelessness/
What's it Like to Act Without Desire? | Steve Beckow What's it Like to Act Without Desire? | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 6/27/2021 01:20:00 PM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.