Cleaning up the Residue: The "Work" in "Growth Work" | Steve Beckow



Credit: Theravive.com

By Steve Beckow, August 23, 2020

Seeing a vasana (or core issue) disappear for a time is not the end of the road.

Vasanas can reappear and re-establish themselves if we fall back into living life by following what have become habitual behavior patterns.

Habitual behavior patterns are one form of residue, precipitate, the fallout from our vasanas. They linger even after the vasana is gone.

I still have the habits, patterns, and behavior of a person who has been disappointed so many times he sees things as hopeless.

Add to that a steady perceived diet of criticism and you have someone who feels beaten down.

Like Morley’s chain, we each have our residue and are each responsible for what we do with it. It’s like the software, the program in the computer. We act according to its dictates automatically – yes, the world is a hopeless place; yes, nothing I do works out; yes, it’s all my fault.

If I don’t remain vigilant and instead respond in the old familiar ways, I’ll fall back into the same old grooves or attitudes. I’ll recreate the vasana, without knowing what I’m doing.

So, I repeat: It isn’t enough to get free of the vasana; we also have to get rid of the residue of habitual behavior patterns by rechoosing and reprogramming ourselves. (1)

In past articles, I’ve called this process “reparenting.” I’ve reparented my own wounded child and offered it the guidance, now, that I didn’t have then.

If I don’t do it, who in society will do it for me? A psychotherapist? A workshop leader? A spiritual teacher? We have few courses on parenting, never mind reparenting.

No, I need to see to the residue, reprogram the computer, rid myself of the leftover habitual behavior patterns that result from losing hope.

I consider all of this the “work” in “growth work.” This then is me “doing my work.” This is part of awareness work.

My hope and intention is that, when I do reparent myself, the sudden disappearance of Constant Comment, the constant chorus of carping critics, will continue and become established. (2)

I’ll probably have to journey to the heart of the feeling of hopelessness before it’ll loosen its grip on me. The truth will have set me free.

Or I could see its cost, which might have me change my vote. Either way, I’ll clean up what’s left over from years of responding … no, succumbing … to the vasana of hopelessness.

In service to happiness.

Footnotes

(1) Doing this takes time and patience. Most people may not be up for it.

(2) See “Out of Jail at Last,” August 20, 2020, at https://goldenageofgaia.com/?p=312718

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
Cleaning up the Residue: The "Work" in "Growth Work" | Steve Beckow Cleaning up the Residue: The "Work" in "Growth Work" | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 8/24/2020 01:39:00 AM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.