The Value of Listening | Steve Beckow



By Steve Beckow, July 21, 2020

Archangel Michael was discussing the future of the blog with me in mid-2019 and I was beginning to get a bit frightened. I said to him, requesting clarification, “I’m not very social.” And he replied:

AAM: I am not saying, dear heart, that you need to attend cocktail parties.

Steve: Yes, thank you. I’d like to skip that.

AAM: It is not in the nature of your being. Yes, genuine friendships, support, laughter and camaraderie. But to put on a false front? No. That is simply not the meaning of leadership. That is very often the meaning of manipulation. (1)

Thank heavens. No film festivals, no prize ceremonies, no world cruises.

After the Reval, when the real work will begin, I plan to lead as normal a life as possible.

After seeing all this, I said to myself, OK, in light of this, where do you see yourself going? And I saw myself at a conference and the Golden Age of Gaia had set up a booth. There were two comfortable armchairs and a coffee/tea maker. I would sit there during free times at the conference. The sign above the booth read, “I’m here to listen.”

And that’s all I did at the conference. Make myself available to listen. That was what the West Coast Express was about as well, wasn’t it? Both Kathleen and I are listeners.

My template for being CEO of Michaelangelo & Partners is “The CEO as Listener.”

Let me look at that for a moment.

I’d like to say that listening is easy and I used to say that decades ago. But good listening is not. To really get where a person is coming from, hear all of what’s happening, and stick around for where they want to go – perhaps for a second run-through at an emotional rather than a story level – is work.

But the result can be another’s freedom from a persistent, vexing issue.

This freedom may never arise as long as the person is not listened to. Not being listened to, they may never have had a chance to lay all their cards on the table. They’ve never seen all that happened, what they’re up against, what they’re dealing with.

Seeing it all can cause an explosive realization. “Oh, THAT‘s what this is all about! Oh, I feel so relieved.”

Yes, the truth just set you free.

In my opinion, listening is the most-beneficial, least-known human therapeutic practice since the Mother birthed civilization. But of course I’m biased.

So don’t expect me to have a lot to say if you see me at a conference. I say enough here. In person I like to listen. And I know its value.

Footnotes

(1) Archangel Michael in a personal reading with Steve Beckow through Linda Dillon, Aug. 2, 2019.

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
The Value of Listening | Steve Beckow The Value of Listening | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 7/22/2020 05:21:00 AM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.