I Want More, I Want Better | Steve Beckow



By Steve Beckow, July 5, 2020

Even as my feelings of competence and willingness increase, my sensitivity to non-credible name-calling and meme wars increases.

I’ve reached a new level of resistance to dualistic/polarized news. Issues, memes, name-calling. I’ve had enough.

And this came about as a result of what I read on what I regard as a leading spiritual/alternative news site.

Is this how it’ll be between now and November? Not around me, if I can keep a shred of sanity.

I wrote this before I read Matthew, saying:

“Mainstream media are controlled, information on the Internet is a mixture of authentic and false, and social media is a hotbed of opinions along with facts, so be discerning about information from all sources. Ask within—the truths you are seeking reside at soul level.” (1)

Amen, brother.

What we’re doing by swinging out onto the extremes is the biggest disservice we can do for ourselves and our nations, in my view. Will we ever see that this is the road to ever-widening conflict? Does one generation so quickly forget the lessons of the last – the last world war?

If we’ve reached the stage of name-calling as being the substance of our public debate, which I say we have, then it’s time to step back and cool off. The greatest service we can do is to come back to the middle, ground ourselves, discuss, and negotiate.

Meanwhile, I feel like I over-ate a high-fat, dualistic diet. The sight of a screaming headline has me now turn away. It’s the screaming, not the headline I’ve suddenly become averse to.

A good vasana-in-the-making (or core issue-) has two more elements to it: a conclusion and a decision.

My conclusion is that I’ll never make it to November reading even the spiritual/alternative press. I’m fed up with the name-calling and it’s infected even them. I want more. I want better.

My decision is to restrict my “beat,” my research to channeled messages (Linda Dillon, Suzy Ward, Marilyn Raffaele, and Blossom Goodchild are examples), teachers (like Adyashanti and Eckhart Tolle), and activists (Sacha Stone and Robert David Steele, for instance), yes. The news reporters, not till the name-calling ends, no.

This is the toughest diet I ever went on because a considerable part of me loves to be up on the news. But given how little of it promises to communicate the truth, it’s like drinking the ocean to catch a fish.

I have one more major change to make, which I’ll discuss in the article that follows (tomorrow).

Footnotes

(1) Matthew’s Message, July 2, 2020, at http://www.matthewbooks.com.

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
I Want More, I Want Better | Steve Beckow I Want More, I Want Better | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 7/05/2020 10:41:00 PM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.