From Sad and Mad to Glad | Steve Beckow

From Sad … and Mad … to Glad

May 17, 2019
By Steve Beckow



As I reparent myself and make my transition from sad … and mad … to glad, my sensitivity to my feelings increases.

I become more aware of feelings that would have just been my “normal” back then. I was one compacted, compounded person.

At the same time, I’ve been looking through the scrapbook Dad prepared for his Mastery Class in the est Network. It’s helping me understand him.

One thing that communicated to me loud and clear was a cartoon near the front page. A frightened baby says, “What did I do now?”

I think that about sums up the contours of my Father’s upbringing, as he’s revealed it to me, and it certainly reflects how he was with me – supercritical, violent, disempowering.

This was all generational transfer, behavior that was handed down from one generation to another, time out of mind.

Time to put a stop to it.

The traits in myself are so hidden and automatic as to be almost invisible to me. They’re “just me.” But they exist just the same.

Forgiveness doesn’t mean I have to like what was done. It just means that I let the other person off the hook for it because I now understand what the other person was dealing with.

Maybe studying my Dad’s scrapbook as a means of flattening this vasana will do me good. I’d like to rid myself of every vestige of father hatred.

Every vasana I take with me into post-Reval work will become magnified. It’ll become like velcro, snagging me, if anything is going to.

Hence my great incentive to work through as many of them as I can now.

Along with a heightened sensitivity to my feelings, the thought of the work down the road gives me strong incentive to be free of my vasanas and resentments, so I can begin afresh – with myself and others – in the midst of great challenges.

The amount of suppression and withholding I did in years gone by I could never stand doing today. I’d go insane if I tried to act the way I did several decades ago – unconscious, controlling, automatic. Oh my.

I don’t think I was ever as bigoted and undiscerning as Jared Yates Sexton portrays in “The Trauma of Toxic Masculinity.” (1) I was more of Jared’s nature. And I can also be self-serving.

Dad had very few of the benefits I had in early manhood to pull himself out of his vasanas. He had the benefits later but not in his formative (young-adult) years.

I had the benefit of advanced schooling, the freedom to wander in the halls of Anthropology and Psychology, the benefits of wonderful growth-movement workshops throughout the Seventies, and an atmosphere in which personal responsibility was valued, (2) until the jobless Recession of 1982 killed the growth movement off.

But even after that, I had the benefit of enlightenment intensives (I took 23 within a short span of years).

I have the equipment and information I need to pull out of these family ways and strike out in new and (what the Buddha called) “wholesome” directions. (3)

And I have the motivation.

Footnotes

(1) See Jared Yates Sexton, “The Trauma of Toxic Masculinity,” April 28, 2019 at http://goldenageofgaia.com/?p=300540

(2) Though the dynamics of working with personal responsibility could sometimes be different than today and could be considered offensive by some.

In encounter groups, we called each other on behavior. When called, the other person tried it on, tested it out, and owned it if it was true. After a while this procedure became routine. After a while as well, we called ourselves without waiting for others to do it

But today this procedure would be looked upon as blaming and a valuable tool is lost.

(3) The Buddha is reported to have said: “Do only wholesome actions, refrain from unwholesome actions, and purify the mind.”

Source: Golden Age of Gaia
From Sad and Mad to Glad | Steve Beckow From Sad and Mad to Glad | Steve Beckow Reviewed by TerraZetzz on 5/17/2019 02:20:00 PM Rating: 5

Guest Posting & Responding


Voyages of Light allows viewers to guest post and respond to articles. If you wish to respond or speak your mind and write a post/article or about the current situation relating to Nova Earth, the Event, Ascension, or have a channeled message. Feel free to send your entry.

All you need to do is send your entry to UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with these following rules.

The subject line of your email should be: "Entry | (Title of your post) | Voyages of Light"

- Proper grammar
- Solely write thoughts, news, messages regarding the Event, Ascension, spirituality, and anything that is relates
- Your signature/name/username at the end (If you wish to remain anonymous then you don't need to provide one.)

If you have any questions or wish to communicate with us then please give us an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com

Send your entry and speak out today!
____________________________________

Disclaimer


We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

All rights reserved go to their respective holders. We do not own the intellectual property shown on this website, the respective holders own that privilege unless stated otherwise.

We do not endorse any opinions expressed on the Voyages of Light website. We do not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on Voyages of Light.
Powered by Blogger.